Thursday, 2 August 2012

The Secret Used By Only 5% of the Population


Why Do Just 5% of the Population Earn 95% of the Wealth – While 95% Fight For the Remaining 5%?

Those figures may seem alarming if you’ve not seen them before, but they are real, based on U.S. statistics.  In still developing countries the figures are much worse.

What we’re saying here, is that 5% of the population are successful, earning the vast majority of the money.  Logically, this means 95% of the population could be deemed ‘unsuccessful’, struggling to simply pay their bills each month and squirrel away enough for one vacation per year if they’re lucky.

If you’re in that 95% of people, the good news is – there IS a solution.

There IS a formula.


It’s used by the successful 5% in both their business and personal lives.

This is why there are successful people with PHDs, and successful people who left school early.  Many of the worlds most famous millionaires didn’t make it to college.

There are successful people who were born into money, and successful people who came from severe poverty.

There are successful people in all countries, whether considered ‘developed’ or not.

There are builders who are very successful, and surgeons who live 2 months from bankruptcy.

There isn’t one single, unique quality between all of these successful people, except for one.  They use the same formula.

It’s a formula I’m currently planning to share with everyone in a completely free 7 part online course I’m writing.  When applied, you WILL be successful, you WILL move from the 95%, and into that elusive 5% you once thought reserved for the ‘chosen few’.  It’s not reserved for those ‘special people’, and you can just as easily move into that bracket as the next person.  However, the free course is not the reason for posting this blog today.

While writing part of the course today, I quoted a passage from my new book to illustrate a point, and it got me thinking.  I wanted to share that with you today.


Learning From The Wise

The book I refer to, is called “Seven Paths To Freedom”.  It’s a story about me trying to conquer a mystical mountain with a guide I had only just met.

The guide, Pierce, turns out to be a fountain of knowledge – imparting wisdom throughout the journey that has had a profound effect on my life.

The knowledge shared in my book allowed me to become an award winning Hollywood stuntman, when  I started out as a shy, cautious kid who could barely swim, and couldn’t run down the street without getting ‘out of breath’.  I was far from the high level, multi-talented competitive athlete I was meant to be, yet it didn’t matter.  I had a formula.

The knowledge also allowed me to break Guinness World Records using parachutes from high above the earth, when I started out afraid of heights!  I was far from the fearless, macho athlete with a head for heights that I thought I was meant to be, yet it didn’t matter.  I had a formula.

I still use this same formula each and every time I set a new goal, and it still works each and every time.  It has to, as you will discover, by The Laws of the Universe, in the same way that The Law of Gravity makes sure I plummet to earth at 120mph every time I jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft!


Seven Days

So this amazing formula was revealed by Pierce over a seven day ascent of this mountain.

Let me share a quick excerpt from Chapter 1 of Seven Paths To Freedom.  While rowing across a lake to reach our starting point for the climb, we witnessed a local fishing boat capsize.  Nobody was hurt luckily, and it caused my guide to offer a chance remark that made me think…:

“You know” he whispered, with a distant look in his eye, “I find that this wonderful gift of life can be likened to such a shipwreck”.

“Yes.” I replied, a little uncomfortably, “I know what you mean.”

I had no idea what he meant.

I just assumed he was going to tell me of his failed marriage, or how his children or grandchildren never visit anymore. I was wrong - again. For what he shared with me on that boat made me think for the first time in quite a while.

“You see” he continued, “We are born into this life, like the survivors of a sunken ship, who wake the next morning, adrift on the ocean with their fellow passengers. Carried like corks upon the water, we drift with the ebb and flow of the tides, at the mercy of where nature will take us. Like everyone else, we accept our lot, and hope beyond hope that we will all reach dry land before it is too late.

Most people do not realise, that all along, all they have to do is ‘swim’ away from the others, to swim away from that crowd that floats adrift on the ocean of life, hoping that someone somewhere will save them, or that pure chance or circumstance will lead them to a better life.

Save yourself” he said as we neared shore, “Swim away with your sights fixed firmly on paradise, and you will soon feel that warm, dry sand between your toes.”

When I look around me at the world, I see what Pierce meant.  I see people crawling to  work in traffic jams at seven in the morning, tired from a lack of sleep, to work all day to make enough money to pay for the car they bought to take them to work, and to pay off the mortgage on the house they leave empty all day to go to work!

Why do they do it?  Because everybody else does. 

Sheep

I think it was Earl Nightingale who said “If you see two groups of people, a large group and a tiny group and they’re heading in two different directions, and if you’re not sure which group to follow – follow the smaller group”.  The ‘masses’ historically get it wrong – choose the road less travelled.

I heard a great quote just the other day by Ralph Waldo Emmerson which echoes this philosophy – “Do not go where the path may lead; go instead to where there is no path and leave a trail”.


Brilliant.  Do you know I’ve lived my life like that?  I’ve always chosen the path less travelled, and it has led me to some of the most amazing experiences a person can have on this wonderful planet.  It’s also led me to some incredible, arduous challenges – and although I might not have appreciated them at the time, each and every one of them forced me to grow, which in turn allowed me access to the next level of ‘the game’.

Are you ready to open your mind, and to consider an alternative way of thinking?

It was Einstein that famously defined insanity as “Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”  Don’t do that.  If what you’ve been doing in business or in your private life has not taken you to that wonderful place you expected to be by now, then it’s time to do something different.  It’s time to try a new way of thinking, to work more intelligently, to work (as the late, great William Wattles described it) ‘in a certain way’.

So that’s what I wanted to share with you today – to ask if you’re where you want to be in life.  If you’re not, are you still doing the same things you’ve always done, and expecting a different result?

The only way you can dramatically change your life, is to dramatically change the way you do things.  Dramatically shift the way you use your mind, to think of things ‘in a certain way’.
 

What are you going to do differently today, that will take you in the direction of your dreams?

What could you do differently each and every week, to steer your ship in the direction of your dreams?

Make a mental note of those things and TAKE ACTION.  Start to change your life, to live on purpose, starting today.  Don’t put it off any longer.


Wishing You Great Success

 

Curtis Rivers

If you enjoyed this blog, you'll love the free course - go grab it now!

 

                          

This blog was written by Curtis Rivers, author of 'Seven Paths to Freedom'.

 

Google



No comments:

Post a Comment